ICSE English 2020 Grammar and Composition Practice Test 030220
You have been asked by a local daily to interview a famous personality. Write a letter to the person you have to interview requesting him/her to allow you for the interview.
(Hints: name of the daily-purpose of the interview- name of the personality-request to interview- convenient date and time).
You have received by courier a book which you have ordered. You find that the book is damaged. Write a letter to the Manager of the publishing company requesting him to make amends for the damage.
Rewrite the following according to the instructions given after each. Do not alter the meaning. You have to make sentence say the same thing in a different way:
- The misunderstanding was my fault, so I apologized. (Begin with: I apologized…)
- She won the tournament, so I congratulated her. (Use: on winning)
- He has enemies but he has bodyguards to protect him. (Begin with: His bodyguards…)
- She eats only fruit and vegetables. (Rewrite using: She lives…)
- Do you believe in ghosts? ( End with: exists)
- Who replaced the good chair with a broken one? (Use substitute instead of ‘replaced’)
- Priya said, ‘I am never going to trust you again.’(Begin with: Priya said that…)
- The price of all goods has risen recently.