<![CDATA[<p style="text-align: center;"><strong><span style="color: #000080;">ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 10</span></strong></p>
Write a letter to the editor of a national English daily newspaper about the need of a Government School in your locality.
(a) You are the Head Boy/Head Girl of your school. Write a notice to be displayed on the notice board informing the students of a painting Competition to be held in your school.
(b) With reference to the above notice, write an email, with a copy to the school Principal, requesting an eminent artist in your city to inaugurate the competition.
(a) Fill in each of the numbered blanks with the correct form of the word given in brackets.
Do not copy the passage; write in correct serial order the word or phrase appropriate to the blank space.
I _______ (0) (slow) the car as I saw the new house.… Read More “ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 10”
<![CDATA[<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #000080; font-size: 14pt;"><strong>ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 09</strong></span></p>
Question 1 [5+5]
- You are the Head Boy/ Head Girl of your school. Write a notice to be put up on the school Notice Board, asking the students of Classes VI to X to make contributions to be given to a charitable institution for the underprivileged children.
- Based on Question 1(a), write an email to the Head of the charitable institution asking him/her whether he/she wants the contribution to be in cash or in kind.
Rewrite the following sentences as directed without changing the meaning of each sentence: 
… Read More “ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 09”
- Put your tools away, the children may fall over them. (Use: lest)
- The experience is so intense that I will never forget it. (Use ‘too’ in place of ‘so’.)
- The President will summon him to Mumbai. (Change the Voice.)
- Although he was eighty years old, he was very active.
<![CDATA[<div style="text-align: center;">
ICSE 2017 English Grammar Practice
Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes necessary; do not change the meaning of any of the sentence.
(a) Sheela was assured of a Scholarship by the Principal.
(Begin: The Principal…)
(b) Abraham asked Sakshi, “Will you come with me to the dance classes from tomorrow.”
(Change into Reported Speech)
(c) Rahman fell ill, so he could not run the race.
(d) Ritika could not understand the reason for her mother’s irritation. (Use: irritated)
(e) The 100m dash is one of the most interesting races in Athletics.… Read More “ICSE 2017 English Grammar Practice”