<![CDATA[<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #000080; font-size: 14pt;"><strong>ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 09</strong></span></p>
Question 1 [5+5]
- You are the Head Boy/ Head Girl of your school. Write a notice to be put up on the school Notice Board, asking the students of Classes VI to X to make contributions to be given to a charitable institution for the underprivileged children.
- Based on Question 1(a), write an email to the Head of the charitable institution asking him/her whether he/she wants the contribution to be in cash or in kind.
Rewrite the following sentences as directed without changing the meaning of each sentence: 
… Read More “ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 09”
- Put your tools away, the children may fall over them. (Use: lest)
- The experience is so intense that I will never forget it. (Use ‘too’ in place of ‘so’.)
- The President will summon him to Mumbai. (Change the Voice.)
- Although he was eighty years old, he was very active.
<![CDATA[<div style="text-align: center;">
ICSE 2019 English 1 Practice Paper #27012018
There are not enough buses plying between your village and the nearby
city and the timings of these buses do not suit the commuters. Write a letter
to the District Transport Officer complaining about the insufficient number of
busses as well as the inconvenient timings.
You are the Head Boy/ Head Girl of your
school. Draft a notice to be put up on the School Notice Board, informing the
students of the Athletic Meet to be held in your school and asking the students
who are interested to participate in the Meet to submit their names to the
Physical Education Teacher. Give all the necessary details such as
category(Junior/Senior), field or throw events.
(b) Write… Read More “ICSE 2019 English 1 Practice Paper #27012018”
an email to the District Collector of your locality, requesting him to
inaugurate the Athletic Meet mentioned in the Notice above.