ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 5 Suggested Answers
- Instance of rudeness
(b) Separate multiple email addresses using the semicolon character.
Subject: Inter-School Elocution Competition
We are conducting an Inter-School Elocution Competition on 05 November 2018 at 10:00 AM in our School Auditorium.
We request you to send interested students from your school for the competition. Their names have to send on or before 1 November 2018.
Expecting a favourable response,
Blue Meadow School
- to pay
- (b) Fill in each blank with an appropriate word:
- The car was parked at/in front of the gate.
- Their assignments should be presented before 10’oçlock.
- The beggar had an old scarf wrapped around his head.
- We saw the helicopter fly high over the dam.
- Gardening is suggested as a cure for migraine.
- The dog ran down the steps and out into the lawn.
- The thief vaulted over the hedge and fled.
- Do not get carried away by the hearsays.
(c) Join these sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so. 
- As soon as the coach arrived, the training started.