1. As I frowned harder and harder, he smiled more and more broadly. [Begin: The harder….]
The harder I frowned, the more broadly he smiled.
This place is the best place to observe the elephants. [Use: better]
This place is better than any other place to observe the elephants.
3. How exhilarating it was to see the rainbow! [Begin: It…]
It was (very) exhilarating to see the rainbow.
4. From radios came the report that the war was over. [Begin: radios…]
Radios reported that the war was over.
5. I asked her whether she thought that I was boring. [Change into Direct Speech]
I asked her, “Do you think that I am boring?”
6. The student said, “I shall work hard.” [Change into reported speech]
The student said that he would work hard.
7. This is the last time you will ever sit in this cinema.… Read More “ICSE 2011 Revision English 1 0301 Answers”
An Approach to ICSE English provides a platform to contribute, discuss and comment on the various issues related to the study and practice of English for the students and teachers of ICSE syllabus. Even with its focussed nature, my modest efforts will be beneficial to everyone involved in learning the niceties of the English language.
I have tried my best to avoid copyright infringement. However, if you notice any copyright violation, please, inform me so that I can rectify the error.
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: