1. As I frowned harder and harder, he smiled more and more broadly. [Begin: The harder….]
The harder I frowned, the more broadly he smiled.
This place is the best place to observe the elephants. [Use: better]
This place is better than any other place to observe the elephants.
3. How exhilarating it was to see the rainbow! [Begin: It…]
It was (very) exhilarating to see the rainbow.
4. From radios came the report that the war was over. [Begin: radios…]
Radios reported that the war was over.
5. I asked her whether she thought that I was boring. [Change into Direct Speech]
I asked her, “Do you think that I am boring?”
6. The student said, “I shall work hard.” [Change into reported speech]
The student said that he would work hard.
7. This is the last time you will ever sit in this cinema.… Read More “ICSE 2011 Revision English 1 0301 Answers”