<![CDATA[Question 1<br />
a) Write a letter to one of your friends congratulating him on his outstanding achievement in the field of education.
b) Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper drawing attention to the constant bandhs and protests that disrupt the social life in your city.
a. Rewrite the following as directed:
1. As I frowned harder and harder, he smiled more and more broadly. [Begin: The harder….]
2. This place is the best place to observe the sunset. [Use: better]
3. How thrilling it was to see the celebration! [Begin: It…]
4. From the news channels came the report that blockade was over. [Begin: The news channels …]
5. I asked my mother whether she thought that I was foolish. [Change into Direct Speech]
6. The student said, “I shall finish the project today.” [Change into reported speech]
7. This is the last time you will ever sit in this cinema.… Read More “ICSE 2011 Revision English 1 0301”