Write a letter to the Warden of the Home for Orphaned Children asking whether you can spend two hours a week to be with the children. Moreover, convince the warden how your presence will benefit the children.
Answer 1 Points to be included
1. Official Format.
2. Request for permission to spend two hours a week.
3. Reasons, at least two, for the benefit obtained by the children.
4. Concluding remarks.
Question 2 with Answers
Rewrite as directed: 
1.Robert suggested that we should call a taxi.
2.Few girls in our school have the speed to outrun Rachel.
3. It was rather an interesting book.
4. No other journey I ever had was as tedious as this.
5. Had he not scored in the last minute, we would have lost the match.
6. She is not as clever as she is beautiful.
7. Apart from a hot tea, the old man had nothing in the chilly morning.… Read More “Revision Test: Grammar and Composition:26 July 2010~Answers”
Write a letter to the Warden of the Home for Orphaned Children asking whether you can spend a day every month with the children. Moreover, convince the warden how your presence will benefit the children.
Question 2 Rewrite as directed: 
1. Robert said, “Let us call a taxi.” (Change the narration)
2. Rachel has the speed to outrun most of the girls in our school. (Begin:Few Girls…)
3. The book was rather interesting. (Begin: It…)
4. I had never had such a tedious journey. (Begin: No other…)
5. But for his last minute goal; we would have lost the match. (Begin: Had…)
6. She is very beautiful but she is not clever. ( Begin: She is not as ….)
7. The old man had nothing other than a hot tea in the chilly morning. (Begin: Apart…)
The General Manager Krypton Developers Pvt. Ltd Hadrons Road Chennai 600048 Sir, Points to be included 1. Reference to the Advertisement The Hindu dated 16 June 2010 2. Apply for the post of Assistant Manager-Sales: Chennai 3. Name, Age or Date of Birth, attitude. 4. Details of Educational Qualification: · Matriculation from (Name of the Institution), Year · Graduation (Subject) from (Name of the Institution), Year · MBA from (Name of the Institution), Year (Subject: Sale and Marketing) 5. Experience if any: Details of experience: Organisation – Nature of work- Duration. 6. Extra Curricula Activities if any: Details 7. Photostat copies of the Certificates and Testimonials enclosed. 8. Original to be presented at the time of the interview. 9. Request to consider the application for the post.… Read More “Answers:24 June 2010, Revision Test”
Time: 30 minutes Max Marks: 15
a) Rewrite the following sentences correctly according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary but don’t change the meaning of the sentence. 
1.Supposing it is an emergency, we should act immediately. (Use: provided…)
2.It is admitted that he is the greatest leader. ( Begin: All …)
3.Be honest and you will be respected by everyone. (Use: Everyone…)
4.Gullible as he is as, he was not taken in by the fraud. (Begin: In spite of…)
5.My father was very charitable to everyone. (Use: the correct form of treat)
6.Had Richard known what to do; he should have saved much time. (Begin: If…)
7.This rumour is incredible. (Begin: This rumour cannot …..)
8. The new budget made the public glad.Begin:The public…)
9.”How prophetic was Cassius’ words that day!” said the soothsayer.(Change the narration)
10.The students said,” Let there be no tests today.” (Change into Reported Speech)
Complete each of the sentences by using an appropriate word in the blanks.… Read More “Grammar Revision Test”
An Approach to ICSE English provides a platform to contribute, discuss and comment on the various issues related to the study and practice of English for the students and teachers of ICSE syllabus. Even with its focussed nature, my modest efforts will be beneficial to everyone involved in learning the niceties of the English language.
I have tried my best to avoid copyright infringement. However, if you notice any copyright violation, please, inform me so that I can rectify the error.
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: