<![CDATA[<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #000080; font-size: 14pt;">ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Grammar and Composition: Practice Paper 8 Suggested Answers</span></p>
Name of the Shop
Points to be included.
- Name of the book
- Date and time when the book was lost
- The place in the shop where you think you might have left the book.
- Any distinguishing mark.
- Request to help find the book.
- Request to inform you if the book is found.
Join the following sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so.
- Since there was nothing to do, we went home.
- While I was going to school, I saw Tom.
iii. I have purchased some very beautiful pens..
Fill in each blank in the following sentences with an appropriate word. 
- I don`t know what prevented him from attending the meeting.
- He was told to put on the black shoes.
iii. She is fond of gardening.
- Don`t believe everything you see on TV.
Re-write the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence. 
- When he arrived at the airport, he was welcomed with a bouquet.
- Carry an umbrella lest you should get drenched in the rain.
iii. In the event of an emergency, press the alarm button.
- No sooner did my mother see my face than she knew that something was wrong.
No sooner had my mother seen my face than she knew that something was wrong.
- He went to bed early as he was tired.
- If you do not write the guidelines in English, foreign tourists cannot understand them.
vii. We do not know why he is absent.
viii. Despite being twenty five, he behaves like a little child.
- She was so shocked that she could not speak.
- At the market, I saw a man who was very old.