<![CDATA[<div style="text-align: center;">
English Paper 1
Grammar and Composition: Test 2017
Time: One hour Maximum Marks: 25
Write a letter to the Municipal Office of your area complaining about the dumping of garbage on roads in your locality. 
(a) Join the following sentences without using and, but or so:
1. Read the questions carefully. You are allotted ten minutes for it.
2. John had met with an accident. He had applied for a month’s leave.
3. The students were in their seats. The Supervisor distributed the papers immediately.
4. Mary was absent yesterday. Martha was also absent yesterday.
5. Sheela went to the bank. She went to the library also.
(b) Rewrite the following sentences as directed without changing the meaning of any of sentence. You can make the necessary changes.
1. The rain had stopped. Immediately, the children ran to their home. [Begin: No sooner …]
2. You should complete the assignment by Monday.
[Begin: The assignment …]
3. The task appears to be difficult. [Begin: It…] 4. Jamila said, “May I come a little late tomorrow?”
[Change into Indirect Speech]
5. Will the management agree to your proposal? [Change the Voice]
6. The wheel came off, and the car skidded into a ditch. [Begin: Had….]
7. Pamela is one of the best doctors in the hospital.
[Change into Positive Degree]
8. I am to visit the Principal tomorrow.
[Provide a Question tag]
Answers Click here
Join the following sentences without using and, but or so:
You are allotted ten minutes to read the questions carefully.
Since John had met with an accident, he had applied for a month’s leave.
As soon as the students were in their seats, the Supervisor distributed the
Mary as well as Martha was absent yesterday.
Not only did Sheela go to the bank but also to the library.
(b) Rewrite the following sentences as
directed without changing the meaning of any of sentence. You can make the
No sooner did the rain stop than the children ran to their home
The assignment should be completed by Monday by you
It appears that the task is difficult.
Jamila asked whether she could come a little late the next day.
Will your proposal be agreed to by the management?
Had the wheel not come off, the car would not have skidded into a ditch.
few doctors in the hospital are as good as Pamela.
I am to visit the Principal tomorrow, aren’t I?