ICSE 2019 English Paper 1: Model Paper One Suggested Answers 25 January 2019
(Do not spend more than 20 minutes on this question.) 
Select one of the following:
- Occasion of the visit
- Name of the place
- Sights seen-
- Most impressive
- Experience and feelings.
- Name and address of the Courier service/
- Date sent. (Receipt No. if any)
- Sent address
- Complaint: delayed delivery
- Request: examine the issue- deliver at the earliest.
Question 3 [5+5]
|Dress them Up
Charity Event for the Street Children
Place: School Grounds
Contributions in cash or kind welcome.
Do give generously; expecting cooperation and support
Sub: Charity Event for the Street Children
We are planning to organize a Charity event on 28 January 2019 at 09.00,.a.m. to help the destitute street children.
We will be greatly obliged if you will kindly permit to hold the Charity event in our school grounds.
Head Boy/Head Girl
- Only one meaning accepted 
- miserable, sad, unhappy, melancholy, gloomy, glum, despondent, comfortless, depressed, mournful, disconsolate
- ease the grief or distress of, soothed, consoled
- crack, fissure, chink, nook, slot, slit, split.
- Answer these questions:
- A little girl. 
- Lost her doll, desolate 
- Kafka offered to help her look for the doll , arranged to meet her the next day at the same spot. Unable to find the doll he composed a letter from the doll and read it to her when they met. ‘Please do not mourn me, I have gone on a trip to see the world. I will write you of my adventures.’ 
- The girl had become a grown up and the meetings came to an end. 
- grown girl found a letter stuffed into an unnoticed crevice in the cherished replacement doll. Everything that you love, you will eventually lose, but in the end, love will return in a different form. 
- Write a 50-word summary of the passage. 
- . 
- to cast
- Fill in each blank with an appropriate word 
- I was happy to be with/among my students again.
- Do not touch the switch with bare hands.
- I have no money on me.
- They quarrelled over the treasure.
- The miscreants were charged with burglary.
- They persisted in their innocence .
- They were not acquitted of the crime.
- The boxer was knocked out.
- Join these sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so. 
- No sooner did Rita start screaming than everyone rushed to her.
- No sooner had Rita started screaming than everyone rushed to her.
- As soon as Rita started screaming, everyone rushed to her.
- Though Haneef is intelligent, he is lazy.
- Even though he stopped to have a dinner, he reached in time.
- In spite of/Despite stopping for dinner, he reached in time.
- Miraj who won a gold medal in the quiz is my friend.
- Rewrite as directed the sentences given below according to the instruction given and making changes necessary, without changing the meaning of each sentence. 
- Had we given Janaki an opportunity, she would have succeeded.
- The rats are not more troublesome than the squirrels.
- Janice started taking tuition classes so that she can provide education to her sister.
- Wear your sweater lest it should be cold when you return.
- Notwithstanding her beautiful life, yet she grumbled about her fate.
- The haughty natives treated rudely the French tourists.
- Not only did the teacher congratulated but also encouraged her students.
- My mentor asked me to be positive and never give up.