Revision Test: Grammar and Composition
Time: One Hour Maximum Marks: 25
Question 1 
Write a letter to the Warden of the Home for Orphaned Children asking whether you can spend a day every month with the children. Moreover, convince the warden how your presence will benefit the children.
Question 2 Rewrite as directed: 
1. Robert said, “Let us call a taxi.” (Change the narration)
2. Rachel has the speed to outrun most of the girls in our school. (Begin:Few Girls…)
3. The book was rather interesting. (Begin: It…)
4. I had never had such a tedious journey. (Begin: No other…)
5. But for his last minute goal; we would have lost the match. (Begin: Had…)
6. She is very beautiful but she is not clever. ( Begin: She is not as ….)
7. The old man had nothing other than a hot tea in the chilly morning. (Begin: Apart…)
8. “Will you come to my studio tomorrow? I am having an exhibition of my painting.” Rita said. (Change into Indirect speech.)
9. As soon as they advertised the job, there was a rush of applicants.(Begin: No sooner)
10. You kept the book somewhere. Show me the place. ( Combine )
Question 3 Fill in the blanks with appropriate prepositions:
1. Rani’s parents were pleased….. his results.
2. The fans rejoiced……… their team’s success.
3. The two brothers deal….. pearls.
4. The man was blind …..one eye.
5. Students should abide ….. the rules of the school.