<![CDATA[<div style="border: medium none; line-height: 115%; margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0in; text-align: center;">
Revision Test:Composition and Grammar
Time: One Hour Max Marks: 25
Question 1 
Apply for the following post advertised.
Assistant Manager-Sales: Chennai
Position: Assistant Manager-Sales
Qualification: MBA in marketing
Remarks: Mail your Application to the address
Krypton Developers Pvt. Ltd
The Hindu Print Edition dt. 16 Jun, 2010
Question 2 Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each and making other changes that may be necessary, without changing the meaning of any sentence. 
1. To the best of my knowledge, he is vegetarian. (Begin: As far as ….)
2. The train journey from Kolkata to Asansol takes three hours. (Begin: It is a ….)
3. The peon cannot leave unless I permit him. (Use: without)
4. ‘Kindly leave the bag here, Madam’, said the porter. (Change the narration)
5. The tea is so hot that I cannot drink it. ( Remove: so….that)
6. He was a poet as well as a statesman. (Combine to make a negative sentence)
7. As soon as the awards were announced, the winners walked to the podium. (Begin: No sooner…)
8. No one came as late as Diana to the party. . (Change to superlative)
9. The thought of being alone terrified her. (change the voice)
10. Put your books aside, people may fall over them. (Use: lest)
Question 3 Fill in the blanks with appropriate preposition: 
1) I looked ……. my nephew while his parents went out.
2) We should not look ……. upon the poor.
3) Farmers look ……. to a better standard of living.
4) The principal promised to look ……. her case.
5) I am trying to look ……. my key.